Why do you want my medical insurance information?
There are two types of health insurances that may provide coverage for your eye care services and products. You may have both and our office accepts several:
- Vision Care Plans (such as VSP, EyeMed,)
- Medical Insurance (such as BCBS, Medicare, Aetna, Cigna, PHP)
- Vision care plans only cover routine exams along with eyeglasses and contact lenses.(usually not both though) Vision plans only cover a basic screening for eye disease. They do not cover diagnosis, management or treatment of eye diseases.
- Medical insurance is used instead of vision plans if you have an eye health problem such as eye pain, eye infection, blind spots in the vision, eye injuries, or other symptoms are generally covered by most major medical insurance.or a systemic health problem that has ocular complications.
- If you have both types of insurance plans it may be necessary for us to bill some services to one plan and other services to the other. We will use coordination of benefits to do this properly and to minimize your out-of-pocket expense.
- We will bill your insurance plan for services if we are a participating provider. We will try to obtain advanced authorization of your insurance benefits so we know what is covered. That is why we ask for your insurance information when you make your appointment
Co-pays and non-covered material costs must be paid on the day of service. If there are any unmet deductibles or service not covered the will be billed to you as allowed by the insurance company. This we won’t know until we receive that information from the insurance company